Spectacular scenery, historical sights, and special experiences await you on this fantastic tour concentrating on Croatia. Along the way, overnight in Zagreb, Opatija, Zadar, Split, and Dubrovnik in Croatia, and in Slovenia's capital Ljubljana. If you're interested in historical sites and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, you'll be thrilled: visit Dubrovnik's 15th-century Rector's Palace, built in gothic style with renaissance and baroque elements; the 4th-century Diocletian's Palace in Split, a well-preserved fortress; the majestic cathedral in Zagreb; the Amphitheater and Temple of Augustus in Pula; the historic and picturesque city of Trogir and the Old Town in the coastal city of Zadar. Natural wonders and beautiful scenery abound. Enjoy guided walking tours in Plitvice National Park, famous for its lakes, waterfalls, and forests. Experience the beauty of the Dalmatian Coast, with its dramatic limestone cliffs. Visit the Postojna Caves, with numerous tunnels and stalactites, and ride a mini-train-another special experience offered by Globus! These are just a few of the many highlights included on this magnificent Croatia tour. It's an once-in-a-lifetime vacation!
Call (254) 247-1300 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133544
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zagreb||Welcome to Zagreb! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Ljubljana||Discover the Lower and medieval Upper Town of the capital of Croatia, with a Local Guide, and admire the Austro-Hungarian architecture such as the Parliament, Stone Gate, the Archbishop's Palace, and more, plus a visit to the majestic CATHEDRAL. Enter Slovenia and arrive in its capital, Ljubljana.Today's Distance: 106 mi / 170 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Ljubljana||Guided sightseeing features the main sights like the medieval castle, the impressive City Hall, St. Nicholas' Cathedral, and a visit to the TOWN HALL'S INNER COURT. Balance of the day is at leisure to join the locals along the banks of the Ljubljanica River or to just relax. (B)|
|Day 4||Opatija||[LF] Enjoy a guided walk through the spectacular POSTOJNA CAVES and ride a mini-train. The cave was discovered in the 17th century, opened to the public in 1819, and is considered the most beautiful in Slovenia. Continue to the famous seaside resort of Opatija.Today's Distance: 81 mi / 130 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Opatija||Take a scenic drive through the Istrian Peninsula to Pula, where your Local Guide will show you the Triumphal Arch of the Sergi, dating back to the 1st century. Then, visit the perfectly preserved AMPHITHEATER and the TEMPLE OF AUGUSTUS. Return to Opatija and immerse yourself in the relaxed atmosphere of the resort. Walk along the seaside promenade and take pictures of the famous Maiden with the Seagull.Today's Distance: 130 mi / 210 km (B)|
|Day 6||Zadar||Head to Plitvice and join your Local Guide for a walking tour of the NATIONAL PARK, with its lakes, waterfalls, and forests. Back to the coastline, arrive at your beautifully-located hotel, surrounded by fragrant pine woods.Today's Distance: 199 mi / 320 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Split||A guided walking tour to the main square gives you a good impression of this city with its turbulent history of fighting off the Venetians, crusaders, and Turks over the centuries. Don't miss the Sea Organ and the Greeting to the Sun. The next two cities are UNESCO World Heritage Sites: explore picturesque Trogir, founded by Greek colonists and a major port until Roman times, and then continue to Split, the ancient Spalato. This evening, [LF] enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant.Today's Distance: 137 mi / 220 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Split||Walk through the labyrinth of medieval streets within the walls of Emperor DIOCLETIAN'S PALACE, a well-preserved fortress and a living part of the Old Town, with your Local Guide. Also see the Mausoleum, the Cathedral of St. Domnius, and the Temple of Jupiter with its impressive basement halls-a filming location in Game of Thrones. (B)|
|Day 9||Dubrovnik||Follow the Dalmatian coast, heading south to Dubrovnik. Enjoy a walking tour with a Local Guide to see the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, and the impressive ramparts, erected during the Crusades to protect the town against land attacks. Also visit the 15th-century RECTOR'S PALACE, built in gothic style, with renaissance and baroque elements, harmoniously combined.Today's Distance: 162 mi / 260 km (B)|
|Day 10||Dubrovnik||A full day at leisure to relax or to join an exciting optional excursion. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate the success of your Croatian tour. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Dubrovnik||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$460-$740No Triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).